Tag Archives | RTHL

Dedication

The historic W. C. Williams Building, built in 1909, was recently recognized as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark (RTHL) during a ceremony in Palacios, TX. The building has been a cornerstone and anchor of the commercial and cultural life of Palacios and Matagorda County, Texas for 107 years. The ceremony was sponsored by the Matagorda County Historical […]

News

Resources

Palacios Historical Information (Rootsweb) Palacios Information for Kids (Rootsweb) Matagorda County Towns and Communities (Rootsweb) Search the Palacios Beacon on-line resources (The Portal to Texas History) Palacios Beacon 34 page Progress And Historical Edition, October 1939 (Original on-line documents) A snapshot of the city in 1939, which chronicled the city’s history since its founding (Link to […]

W. C. Williams Building Historic Marker Dedication ceremony was recently held in Palacios, TX

The historic W. C. Williams Building, built in 1909, was recently recognized as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark (RTHL) during a ceremony in Palacios, TX. The building has been a cornerstone and anchor of the commercial and cultural life of Palacios and Matagorda County, Texas for 107 years. The ceremony was sponsored by the Matagorda County Historical […]

Continue Reading