Tag Archives | Recorded Texas Texas Historic Landmark

Dedication

The historic W. C. Williams Building, built in 1909, was recently recognized as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark (RTHL) during a ceremony in Palacios, TX. The building has been a cornerstone and anchor of the commercial and cultural life of Palacios and Matagorda County, Texas for 107 years. The ceremony was sponsored by the Matagorda County Historical […]

Our Story

For years Paul & Donna Christensen had dreamed of living on the Texas Gulf Coast. Besides hoping to move to a small town, their plans included the unusual desire of locating an old downtown commercial building and restoring/remodeling the structure.  In 2010, a multi-year Internet search led them to Palacios and the building at 456 […]

Home

W. C. Williams Building Recorded Texas Historic Landmark (RTHL) The story of the W. C. Williams Building is a story that has been told thousands of times across America. Men and women with vision and drive decide to settle an area of the country, take up roots and raise a family. In so doing they […]

Restoration

The Christensens spent the better part of three years updating the structure. A new Duro-Last commercial roof was installed and repairs to various roof support truss beams were completed, including new insulation batts. A new commercial gutter system was installed to handle storm water run off. New flooring was installed throughout the building both upstairs and […]

News

Resources

Palacios Historical Information (Rootsweb) Palacios Information for Kids (Rootsweb) Matagorda County Towns and Communities (Rootsweb) Search the Palacios Beacon on-line resources (The Portal to Texas History) Palacios Beacon 34 page Progress And Historical Edition, October 1939 (Original on-line documents) A snapshot of the city in 1939, which chronicled the city’s history since its founding (Link to […]

Pictures

W. C. Williams Building Historic Marker Dedication ceremony was recently held in Palacios, TX

The historic W. C. Williams Building, built in 1909, was recently recognized as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark (RTHL) during a ceremony in Palacios, TX. The building has been a cornerstone and anchor of the commercial and cultural life of Palacios and Matagorda County, Texas for 107 years. The ceremony was sponsored by the Matagorda County Historical […]

Continue Reading